12.04.2008

Quaker education on the blogs.

I read a select number of blogs, and I have to admit most of them are not political. I prefer neighborhood, literature, and style blogs. They are my escape from work.

This morning, however, our intrepid nuclear disarmament lobbyist David Culp alerted us to a political blog that linked to FCNL and to this very blog. The blog post was focused on the Obama family's decision to send their daughters to Sidwell Friends, and though we do occasionally do outreach projects with the school, and we're both, you know, Quaker organizations, I can only think that my little post about Quaker education prompted the blogger to suggest the Sidwell and FCNL as closely linked. As tenuous as these links actually are, as a product of a vaguely Quaker college (Bryn Mawr gave up official ties long ago), I say, huzzah!

From what I can tell, Quaker values are the cat's pajamas. What could be better than focusing on respect and community, be that respect of the environment, of sexual orientation, or even of political beliefs?

Email the Author | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home