11.14.2008

Speeches, Priorities, and Helen Thomas

Currently, I am sitting at the back of the Annual Meeting ballroom, getting ready to hear Rep. Gilchrest and Barbara Slavin. What an Annual Meeting it has been so far! The highlight for me was the 1st year intern speeches this afternoon. Each was surprising, interesting, and some made me and certain other colleagues tear up (Christine responded to this particular occurrence as, "an achievement in my book.")

I'll leave further thoughts about the speeches for later (and I'll post the audio here), but suffice to say, Annual Meeting has gotten off to a smashing start, and I look forward to this evening and the next few days.

We'll be posting again soon.

Cheers,
Caroline

Email the Author | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home