4.22.2008

Earth Day!

The Washington Post says that earth day is dead. I don't know about that, but I do know that something as changed. With more and more of us coming to the realization that the earth is in real peril, today's earth day may not be as carefree as those of yester-year (my first memory of an earth day celebration involves going to the local nature preserve to bounce a huge ball painted like the world from kid to kid -- I'm surprised none of us were crushed by it) I still think they're pretty fun.

So, in honor of the day, and in lieu of a huge ball, I give you the playlist that a local blog-about-town put together:

http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/music/playlisting-for-the-earth/

Enjoy, and tell us here at Of Peace and Politics what activities you took part in for this year's celebration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home