6.23.2008

Theatre of the Washington Absurd

I was groggy-eyed and sipping my coffee yesterday morning when I opened by Washington Post, only to be confronted by this image in the Outlook section:


Coffee spewed from my mouth and I ran to forcibly wake up my roomie and have him confirm I wasn't crazy. The photo was above a serious article about life, murder, and policing in Putin's Russia. Was the Outlook editor on vacation and the stringers decided to play a joke? In the Post's defense, however, when I went looking for this photo on the internet (oddly, it is not included with the web version of the article) I found that there were many photos from the same fishing trip and this was the least salacious. Kudos, I guess? Can you imagine if George Bush went traipsing about his ranch sans shirt and then released the photos? Sometimes I am glad to be an American.

Email the Author | Del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home